Thursday, October 21, 2010

O, Happy Day! Jameson Hayes is Home!


Let me just start by saying.... we had a big ole party at the Birmingham Airport this morning. Gina and Jameson's plane arrived at 8:30 and Jameson had a huge welcoming committee. What a sweet, sweet feeling.... just like it was back in July when we saw Mia for the first time. Jameson is a beautiful, healthy girl and is going to bring so much happiness to The Hayes family. Gina was thrilled to see everyone and Jameson handled the camera flashes, squeals and tears pretty well. She went to her daddy like she had known him from day 1! I think she's going to be crazy about her big brother, Owen, too. I can't describe the feeling you see when you meet these precious baby girls. We can't wrap our minds around what they've been through and where they've been. It's bitter sweet! You feel horrible in one way for taking them from their heritage and country but you know you're bringing them to a life of happiness, freedom and most of all a country where they can serve our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ! Opportunities they would've never had in China.... are abound here in the U.S.! Anyway, I can't wait to watch Jameson grow and bond with her forever family and I'm so thankful one more of God's children were rescued from that place. God never intended for anyone to be alone and orphaned. I would love to adopt a little girl in our family but that's something that must be prayed over and God must supply many needs in order for that to happen. We'll pray and see what happens...


Jr. High football is over now so everything is settling down a bit in the afternoons after school. I hope we have more family time now and can really focus on the important things in life. I love to watch Will and his friends play ball and I think it's important for them to participate in team sports but it's demanding and much family time is sacrificied. I'm looking so forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas. It won't be long before we can begin decorating, shopping, cooking and enjoying the most wonderful time of the year! I'm so blessed and I love my family. I hope all of you have a blessed holiday season! Be thankful and count your blessings....

No comments:

Post a Comment