Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Just getting started

Well, as the title says. . . I'm just getting started. I sat down in March and fully intended to start a family blog. In fact, I did start a blog.One day... one entry... and that was it. My life gets really hectic in the spring and so I just never got around to posting another entry until today. Most of you who are reading this blog probably already know me and my family, but just in case you don't- I'm going to give you a little background about "This Brown Bunchx4".

My name is Allison and I'm married to Darin. God has blessed Darin and I with two precious children. Will is about to be twelve on June 23, 2010 and "The Unsinkable Molly Brown" turned six on May 11, 2010. I'm a schoolteacher and will begin my 12th year of teaching this August. Darin is a lineman at Alabama Power. He's a hardworking man and has been at APCO for 12 years. We live just outside of Glencoe and as most people with young children these days we're overbooked, stretched too thin, and basically run ragged. We get by with a "little help" (really it's ALOT of help) from Mimi and Gig. Guess you're wondering who Mimi and Gig are? Well, that's my parents and luckily they live right across the road from us. So close that their house is accessible by go cart, golf cart and four wheeler!

So, why did I start a blog? Well, I've considered that question myself. Just as I told my children when we adopted my sister's yorkie (Max) back in September. . . "the last thing I need is another responsibility". I hope this blog won't be another responsibility for me but a way that I can share funny family stories and really just keep a journal of our daily lives. I abandoned scrapbooking a long time ago but I see this blog as a form of a "scrapbook" of The Brown's.

Today is Tuesday, June 15. We've got quite a week planned. On Wednesday, we're going to an Atlanta Braves game, Thursday and Friday will be full-prep mode for the multi-family yard sale we're having on Saturday. In between, Will has practice games Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday for all-stars. And I've started a blog???

God Bless,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment