Wednesday, June 30, 2010

And they're off....


Just got a text from mom and they've boarded the plane in Atlanta for the flight headed to Tokyo. The way I have it figured, they should be there somewhere around 3:30-4:30 a.m. our time (July 1). Will had made plans to go with some of his friends today to play paintball guns. We were eating at my grandmother's house yesterday afternoon, and he came up and asked me if he could go to the airport with Gig instead. I told him that his friends would understand and I thought that was a great idea! My precious Will is so tenderhearted and I honestly think he just wanted to see them leave for himself and be a part of their departure. He's always been an adult in a kid's body! And, I know Gig (my dad) enjoyed his company too. They stopped at Cracker Barrel and ate breakfast and then met Molly and I at at Dr. Sims office.


Will, Molly and I had appointments for our 6 month dental cleaning today. I guess the third time is a charm because Molly somewhat cooperated and had her teeth cleaned for the first time today (without being under some type of anesthesia)! I guess the prize she was promised from WalMart did the trick. Now, please don't misunderstand me. She wasn't the perfect patient- not by a long shot! However, Dr. Sims did manage to count and brush her teeth. Will has always been a model patient and student. He has gotten fillings without a shot and when he broke his arm, he acted better than most adults! Molly, on the other hand, is full of drama! Just kills me..... I say she's just like her dad when she acts like that. Dr. Sims asked her what her prize was going to be and she quickly replied "a trampoline". She's really wanting a trampoline. She even told Darin on Father's Day that she was going to buy him a trampoline but she didn't know how to get it home! In the end, she settled for a Buzz Lightyear for her prize.


I hope everyone has a blessed Wednesday and hopefully by the time I blog tomorrow, I will have some news on the "world travelers" or as I like to think of it "Mission Mia"!


With Love,

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment