Thursday, July 1, 2010

Can you believe it's July 1st?




Can you believe it's really July 1st? In the life of a schoolteacher, July is a little scary because it means summer vacation is 1/2 over. The month of June seems so peaceful and you wake up each morning with such a relaxed, blissful feeling but it seems like after July 4th, summer is over. You start thinking about the new school year and working in your classroom but I love my job and honestly I'm usually ready to go back. Besides, I'm thankful to have two months off because most people have three weeks!

Well, you wanna hear how yesterday afternoon went? Will called my dad to come over and assist him with cranking the lawnmower. So of course, Gig came to the rescue. While dad was here, he asked me if I wanted him to trim my shrubs. My dad really LOVES to do about three things: burn, sand and buff, and cut stuff. I know it sounds crazy but it's true! Anyway, I was happy he offered so we spent the afternoon outside trimming the hedges and shrubs. We did this last summer but they had really gotten BIG again. I've posted pics of our home- can't really tell much about the finished product but the shrubs look much better! I just love the picture of our house when it snowed, so I loaded that pic too!
After our afternoon outside, Darin and I took the kids to church and to eat at our favorite Mexican restaurant, Las Brisas. Then, we came home. Molly knows how to dial my parents' phone number so she sneaks and calls alot. She came in my bedroom and told me that she had called Gig and she was going to spend the night. I thought that would be a pretty good idea because I knew Gig was probably lonesome with Mom being gone. Well, Will joined the spend the night party and all was well with the world. Until, 10:20! At 10:20, Will calls me to come get them. He had fallen asleep and Molly had proceeded to put toothpaste all in his hair! I mean, really? Where does this kid come up with this stuff? As someone said..."you can't make this up". Molly is famous for just pulling "tricks" out of her hat. So I turned the outside light on, and Gig rolled up and let them out. He looked pretty frazzled. I guess he'd rather be alone!

I'm thinking Ashley, Griff & Mom have probably made it to Tokyo by now and may be on their way to Hong Kong. If I hear from them, I'll update. As for "The Brown's", we've got some family cleaning to do before any swimming will be done. Will has practice at 5:00 this afternoon. Never a dull moment.

Enjoy this beautiful day God has blessed us with and remember... to count your blessings.


With Love,


Allison




1 comment:

  1. Allison,
    Molly sounds JUST like Rebekah was at that age. She came up with the strangest things to do. She coated one of her friends legs with Vaseline while he pooped! lol She will grow up to be SOMEBODY, you can bet!

    ReplyDelete