Friday, July 9, 2010

Montgomery Bound




Well, we're Montgomery Bound! The Glencoe Yellow Jackets 11/12 yr. old all-stars came in 2nd place in our district tournament last night so we're advancing to the Sub-State tournament in Montgomery, AL next weekend. The boys are thrilled to be going to stay in a hotel! You'd think they've never been out of Glencoe! Anyway, I really wish they would do well. We've got a great group of kids but they've got to learn to be more competitive and be more confident- something that's really hard to "coach" them on. As a reading coach, I'm always reminding teachers that if we keep doing it the same way, we're going to keep getting the same results... That really isn't a problem unless you're unhappy with "your same results" and you're trying to improve and we're defenitely wanting to improve our baseball game! I absolutely love being a literacy coach in an elementary school because I'm able to work with teachers and students and it's always about improving and being a more effective teacher. I worked with a wise lady for a couple of years who would say... "Good, better, best- never let it rest, until the good is better and the better is best". Gosh, I just love that saying. We can always say "we're good" but shouldn't we always want to be "the best"!

I've talked with mom and Ashley several times via email and text and even a phone conversation this morning. The connection is very sketchy and I just feel fortunate if we get to talk for a minute or two. As far as I can tell, Mia is doing about normal. She's still in the adjustment phase and I'm thinking this may last a little longer than we'd expected. It's going to be interesting to see how she does when she meets her brothers, cousins, grandparents and extended family. She just thought she didn't have any family... I know they are all exhausted and are ready to see the Ol' US of A! They said after these two weeks, Lee Greenwood was their hero! And I'm proud to be an American... yeah, you're singing it now too, aren't you?? LOL!

Well, I saw the school supplies out at Walmart this week so you know what's around the corner? Yep, August 5th. But, until then... I'm going to enjoy my last few weeks of the relaxed, carefree days of summer.

Have a great weekend! God Bless you!
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment