Friday, July 30, 2010

Terrific Thursday!




We had a great day yesterday! Will, Molly and I started the morning off with a trip to Cracker Barrel. We're trying to "practice" our routine of getting up early again, so I managed to get them up and we headed out to breakfast. After breakfast, we went to WalMart to begin the dreaded school shopping trip. I know, I know, I shouldn't be like that but... I know for the kids it's great fun but for the mamma- not so much! We got separate shopping carts so that we didn't have to sort the supplies again when we got home and I think that helped a little. Molly got her a tacky little lunch box that she was MEGA proud of and a new backpack too. For Will, it's not that much fun anymore but he was a trooper and helped me get most of the supplies on the list. When we got home, I went to school to work for a while and they stayed with Mimi. Molly took her backpack to Mimi's house and they decorated it really cute! I'll post pics on the 1st day of school- that's a family tradition! Yesterday afternoon we went for a swim. Nolan and Mia joined us and we had so much fun swimming with Mia. She loves the water and the pool. She was even getting out of the pool and jumping to me and Will yesterday. What joy it is to see her laugh and giggle! Ashley cooked supper for us last night. She said it was our "thank-you" meal for helping out with the kids while they were gone. She grilled shrimp and made homemade salsa and key-lime cupcakes. She's always a great hostess and a great cook so we really enjoyed eating dinner together as a family. The pics I posted today of Will and Molly with Mia were taken last night. We are making up for lost time and spoiling that little angel. We just can't resist! Will spent the night at Ashley's house with Cole and Molly and I came home and snuggled in the bed. It may be summertime but I'll snuggle with Miss Molly any chance I get.




Well, I hope everyone has a great weekend. I think we're going to meet some friends at the mall for lunch and maybe see a movie. Other than that, I don't have a clue what this weekend has in store for us. Until then, enjoy this beautiful day God has given us and count your blessings!




With Love,


Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment