Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Technology is Amazing


Technology really is amazing to me. Will, Molly, Pace, Dad and I were just able to talk to Ashley, Mom and Mia in China. I mean, really? I guess for some it really isn't that big a deal, but for someone who is still intrigued by cell phones and things, it's amazing! It was 7:00 a.m. in China and they were about to get their day started. We were able to see Mia. She was sitting in Ashley's lap and looking into the webcam. She is so precious!! I just can't get over how stinkin' cute she is. She is beginning to smile just a bit at Griff and mom but still will not let them hold her. She wants Ashley to carry her and hold her all the time and I think Ashley is pretty much exhausted. She is mourning. She is sad, but it will get better in time. I think she's already better that she was yesterday. Ashley said they went shopping and the sales clerk was a beautiful, Chinese lady. As they walked out of the store, Mia reached for the lady and cried. She didn't know the lady but she looked more familiar to her than Ashley or Mom. It breaks your heart to think about what this baby is having to endure, but how much do you remember about being 18 months old? That's really our only salvation right now. What she's gaining is so much better than what she's leaving behind. Mia just hasn't realized that yet. By the way, isn't the hairbow Ashley has on her in the picture above obnoxious?! It's so obnoxious that it's cute. We have a thing for "propeller" hairbows in our family. Molly is still wearing them. She told me one time she was too big for those bows and you know what I said..."Don't you know it's against the law to not wear one of those". Now, she doesn't even ask! I'm a mean, old mom.


Well, our Jackets pulled out a victory against Crossville last night so we're still alive! We actually got to quit in the 5th inning because we were winning 10-0. Will has been in a hitting slump, but he got two great hits that made his mom proud!!! I love my Wizzy and I love to watch him play baseball! We play at 6:00 tomorrow night. If we win the first game, we'll play again at 7:00. If we lose the first game, we're coming to 54 White Oak Drive! This is a great group of kids and I'm proud of them regardless of any score, hit, run, etc. Go Jackets!!!!


I'm really tired tonight, and that's about all I can think of today. Maybe tomorrow I will have more "words of wisdom". LOL!


With Love,

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment