Friday, July 2, 2010

So far... so good!

Everything has been going smoothly since Mom, Ashley & Griff left on Wednesday. We've been really busy and are getting used to the limited communication with them. Mom sent me a text this morning and she said they were having problems with phone and internet connections and they are hoping things will be better once they get to China. I've heard that it takes around two weeks to develop a habit, so we should be getting used to all of this about the time they come home.

We're getting ready for a holiday weekend around here! It's going to be a busy one too. Tonight, Will has his first all-star game in Collinsville. I guess we'll swim and clean the house tomorrow because Sunday we're going to go to church, have a family cookout around 2:00 and then go to the "Celebration in the Park" at our church Sunday night! I'm about to go shopping for our menu and I'd like to get Molly something cute & patriotic to wear! I know... I'm always looking for a reason to buy Miss Molly something new to wear, but she looks so darn cute in everything that it's hard to resist! LOL!

My granddaddy has blueberry bushes at his house and it's becoming a summer tradition that we go help him pick them about every other day. We picked yesterday afternoon, and I came home with a 2 gallon bucket full of blueberries! So... if anyone has any good blueberry recipes, please share!

Well, I guess I better finish this post. Darin has just taken Will to the river for a few hours and my aunt came and got Molly to go swimming but they will be arriving momentarily and I need to get Molly dressed to go shopping.

Happy 4th of July everybody! Aren't we blessed to be Americans? Enjoy this holiday weekend with your family & friends. May God Bless YOU!

With Love,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment